So you say you like to knit,
you're crazy about knitting! (or crochet) Well let's see who can really live up to those words lol!
Here at Casting on Love we are having our first bloggers spring event! "March Madness Block-a-thon" and giveaway!
Sign up now by becoming a follower and comment that you would like to join in, and I will add your name to the list of participants. Here are the rules.
1) Begining March 1st start knitting 9 inch blocks. These must be newly made in March.
2) They can be colors of your choice.
3) Soft and cozy yarns please for the comfort factor.
4) The block-a-thon will end March 31st. At which time you can email me for address to mail your blocks to.
5) Please be sure blocks are created in a non-smoking environment.
So, what do you get out of this?
1) The satisfaction of helping those in need with your talent!
2) All participants will be entered into a drawing for a Knifty-Knitters prize!
3) The participant who sends the most blocks gets bragging rights and an extra special gift!
No, I'm not telling you what the prizes are.....then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it. (that's my best mommy voice.) Patience is a virtue and well rewarded lol.
(Hint-Hint~ it will be something you will love for your knitting!)
I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to meet you all and see what we can get accomplished together!
For this drive we are collecting sets of,
20 block set = crib size/children's size
12 block set = baby size
(If you aren't able to do that many, just do as many as you can-every one counts!)
Extra Special Announcement!!
We are teaming up with "Card Cupids" who will be donating beautiful handcrafted, colorful cards which will accompany your gift. These cards are specially made and say very encouraging things to the kids! Click on the Card Cupids link in the right hand column--you will be blown away by these wonderful cards!
P.S. Sending out a great big thanks to Carol who joined in for the March Madness Block-a-thon yesterday! Whoo-hoo!
One In, Two Out
1 week ago